My papercraft and card making projects

Wednesday 15 February 2012

you are the one ....

a quick post this evening for a simple piece.

i just got hold of tim's [wooden mounted!] stamp of this face [david??] and thought i would use it with another of his new sentiments from his new stamps release

the base is my favourite 'valise' die cut from tissue-covered mount board, which i ran through a large script embossing folder after treating it to some distress stains and biscotti pearls.  as an afterthought i tried an idea that the gorgeous and talented Kaz told me about - using a few beads of beeswax, heated just with a gun and spread over:  lovely finish!!

the face is stamped onto watercolour card, torn out and 'inked up'!  i didnt want to overdo the face.  the sentiment is also on watercolour card and a little beeswax treatment followed by the crackle stamp [from the xmas set - such a versatile stamp and one i use loads now!]

i had a test piece from a spellbinders ironwork die cut and embossed with verdigris powder which looked nice behind the sentiment.  and i went totally over the top and used a pen nib ideaology embellishment!  it has the small easel on the back .... i am thinking cards dont really need to be standard fold in half things!!

i have another 3 variations of this ready to make as i want to give some more stock to my charity's shop.

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you're using newly bought tools straight away. I think I still have stamps which have never seen ink. Love that your trying out new techniques too with the beeswax. Your charity shop is going to adore your contributions. Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get stuck using the same materials and techniques. It is great that you are experimenting with all kinds of fun stuff. I need you to show me how to use tissue tape. I have some and have never used it. I think it looks really cool, but just haven't found and application for it yet. I love the verdigris embossing powder. I have it on my "wish list" shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cool Tony! Loving the colour scheme and the colour scheme works brilliantly. Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now have verdigris embossing powder on my wish list... because you know I just really need some more supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog today! Enjoyed looking around and became your newest follower! :) Love your creations and look forward to seeing more!! ~HL

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
they are all most gratefully received.
i love to read them!!
xx tony