a quick post this evening for a simple piece.
i just got hold of tim's [wooden mounted!] stamp of this face [david??] and thought i would use it with another of his new sentiments from his new stamps release
the base is my favourite 'valise' die cut from tissue-covered mount board, which i ran through a large script embossing folder after treating it to some distress stains and biscotti pearls. as an afterthought i tried an idea that the gorgeous and talented Kaz told me about - using a few beads of beeswax, heated just with a gun and spread over: lovely finish!!
the face is stamped onto watercolour card, torn out and 'inked up'! i didnt want to overdo the face. the sentiment is also on watercolour card and a little beeswax treatment followed by the crackle stamp [from the xmas set - such a versatile stamp and one i use loads now!]
i had a test piece from a spellbinders ironwork die cut and embossed with verdigris powder which looked nice behind the sentiment. and i went totally over the top and used a pen nib ideaology embellishment! it has the small easel on the back .... i am thinking cards dont really need to be standard fold in half things!!
i have another 3 variations of this ready to make as i want to give some more stock to my charity's shop.